Skip to main content
Best Information Strategy
- Find info to about author.
- Find info about when essay was written.
Best Starting Sources
Other possible sources
- Identify your subject, purpose, and main points.
- Provide background on your subject.
- Stress the importance of your subject.
- Analysis of Text
- Logos (Reasoning)--appeals to the readers' common sense beliefs or values.
- Ethos (Credibility) -- supports claims using the author's reputation, experience and values or an expert.
- Pathos (Emotion) -- influences the reader using feelings, desires or fears.
Information from Writing Today, p. 167-181.
Additional Resources on Writing a Rhetorical Analysis