Business & Finance Services
- All purchases must be approved by the Business Office.
- All purchases for goods or services must follow UNM guidelines See UNM Policy and Procedure Handbook Manual "Big Red". All documentation for purchases must include a “business purpose”, including Bookstore invoices.
- All Purchase Requisitions must be routed to your Business Office Representative for approval prior to purchase.
- P-Card purchases require that a signed PR and a copy of the grant authorizing the purchase be submitted to your Business Office Representative for approval. DPIs for dues, conference fees, registration fees, honorariums or State and local agency fees require a copy of the grant authorizing the purchase.
- DPIs for travel require that a GSA or UNM per diem rate chart be attached, along with an itinerary and all original receipts.
- Grant funds cannot be used to mail grant proposals.
- Monthly reconciliations are REQUIRED for all contract and grant indices.
- All requests for account corrections, including payroll, must be in writing and routed to your Business Office Representative, along with a copy of the HRS and a screen print of where it was posted in Banner. A request for correction is considered tardy after 90 days from the date of the original transaction. You must have written justification if you exceed 90 days.
- All journal entries should be approved by your Business Office Representative and then delivered to the Cashier’s Office for processing.
The Purchase Requisition is used to request the purchase of goods and services from off campus providers by the Purchasing Department and from on campus providers directly.
- All purchases should adhere to all regulations in the University Policies and Procedures Manual.
- A listing of current subcodes and listing of Allowable and Unallowable Expenditures.
Download: Purchase Requisition Form
Please include the travel reimbursement form with all travel requests.
For complete policies and procedures pertaining to travel, please refer to Administrative Policy & Procedures Manual - Policy 4030:
Main Campus Parking Pass