Welcome to the Financial Aid Office
Freshman Financial Literacy Day
Friday July 20, 2018
8:30 AM to 3:00 PM
- Learn how to maintain your Federal Student Aid until graduation.
- Stretch your financial aid award dollars and reduce student loan debt.
- Apply onsite for campus scholarships.
- Mix and mingle with campus clubs, faculty and staff.
- Meet with Peer Mentors.
- Win scholarships and prizes.
- EARN A $300SCHOLARSHIPS just for attending (Must be lottery eligible)
Student Employment & Internship Fair
Friday, July 20, 2018
1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Some departments are hiring immediately!
- RSVP here or call 505-925-8595.
- Call or visit the financial aid office to complete your financial aid file and check your eligibility for work study.
- Set yp your UNM NetID.
- Create a profile at ejobs.unm.edu
- Visit the Writing Center or Career Manager for help with your resume.
January 5 Priority Filing Date
What are priority funds?
Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (SEOG), State Student Incentive Grant (SSIG), 3% grants, UNM II grants, federal and state work-study and the Perkins loan program. File your FAFSA prior to January 5, 2018 and complete your financial aid file by January 31, 2018 to increase your eligibility to receive these limited funds.
We know that funding a college education can be challenging for individuals and families. The U.S. Department of Education, the State of New Mexico and UNM-Valencia Campus offer several financial aid programs that can assist a student in meeting the costs of a college education. Whether you visit us in person or our website, our goal is to provide you access to the various financial aid resources available. We know how important an education can be to your future; let us assist you in obtaining that goal.
Please keep in mind that many financial aid programs have priority deadline dates, you must submit required applications before the deadline date to be considered.