Assembly News & Events
Spring 2022 News & Updates:
Next meeting Friday, April 8, 2022!
- The Faculty Assembly meetings this semester will be listed on the Assembly Meetings page, as will the minutes & recordings:
- There will not be an Online Course Design & Delivery class (OCD2) offered for Spring 2022. It will run again Summer 2022 - built and delivered in Canvas LMS.
- The Faculty Online Teaching website has a new CANVAS page to keep you posted on the upcoming migration from LEARN to CANVAS.
- UNM ABQ Center for Teaching & Learning (CTL) is offering multiple week-long workshops called "Bridge to Canvas". Here is info from the CTL website:
"This week-long course (Wednesday to Wednesday) will be an orientation to Canvas at UNM. By the end of the course, instructors will be able to locate, create, and manipulate content in UNM Canvas. The course will be facilitated by an instructional designer and there will be an optional synchronous meeting. Synchronous meetings will be held on a Monday (see options below) and will be recorded. Instructors enrolled in the course will be able to post questions ahead of the meeting, as well. You’ll receive a reminder email the day before the course begins. If you have any questions about your registration, please contact Raquel Gallegos (email@example.com). Note: This course offering is dependent on Blackboard migrated course content and Canvas temporary shells being available. If those are not available by your chosen start date, we'll reach out to you to get you rescheduled to a later session."
Register here: https://ctl.unm.edu/instructors/support/workshops/index.html
- All faculty need be certified to teach online in order to teach online/hybrid. Pandemic allowances for this are no longer in effect.
- Want some funds for Professional Development..? ALL faculty are eligible- full and part time. Fill out the Professional Development Form and submit it to Faculty Profesisonal Development Chair Scott Kamen.
- Do you have a student who needs help to succeed, or you are worried about their lack of attendance and participation? Fill out an EARLY ALERT Form
- Do you need equipment to support teaching? All faculty, full and part time, have access to laptops and other accessories! Please contact the Valencia Library and/or The Teaching & Learning Center to find out what is available and how to access it.
- Need one-on-one help for your online classes? Join the TLC Director, Soledad Garcia-King, for Online Teaching Open Labs/Office Hours & Workshops throughout the semester.
Need help and info for teaching online?
UNM-Valencia Coronavirus Website: https://valencia.unm.edu/class-updates-covid-19.html
UNM Coronavirus Website: http://www.unm.edu/coronavirus/