Learning Commons: Tutoring Services
Tutoring is available online and in-person!
Fall 2022 Tutoring Hours
The tutoring hours below are subject to change due to tutor availability.
Learning Center Hours of Operation
The Learning Center and Math Center Computer Lab will be open Monday - Friday 8am to 5pm
Tutoring will be available:
Monday: 1pm - 5pm
Tuesday: 10am – 1pm & 3pm – 5pm
Wednesday: 1pm – 7pm (Late Night tutoring starting September 7)
Thursday: 10am – 1pm & 2pm – 7pm (Late Night tutoring starting September 7)
Friday: 10am - 1pm & 2pm – 3pm (Zoom only)
STEM Center Hours of Operation
The STEM Center is cuurrently closed due to carpet installation. Hours of operation will be posted soon.
Writing Center Schedule—In Person
Monday: 3pm - 5pm at the Valencia Campus
Tuesday: 3pm - 7pm at the Valencia Campus
Wednesday: 3pm – 6pm at the Valencia Campus
Thursday: 10am -4pm at the Valencia Campus
Friday: 1pm - 3:30pm
Writing Center Schedule—Online
You can make Zoom appointments for the following times, and tutors will also respond to drafts you email at the following times.
Monday: 3pm – 5pm
Tuesday: 10am - 12pm & 3pm – 8pm
Wednesday: 9am – 11am & 3pm – 6pm & 7pm – 8pm
Thursday: 10am – 4pm
Friday: 1pm – 3:30pm
Saturday: 11am – 1pm
As a UNM-Valencia student, you already have a UNM Zoom account.
Instructions to sign into Zoom and start your Zoom appointment:
- Go to https://unm.zoom.us
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on “Sign In”
- Log in like you’re signing into your UNM email
- After logging in successfully (you should be seeing your Zoom profile), leave the internet browser open
- Go to your email in another window or tab
- If you Accepted the meeting, go to your calendar and click on your Zoom meeting link
- If you didn’t Accept the meeting, the Zoom meeting link may still be in your inbox. Search for the email with your Zoom meeting link and click on the link
If you are not a UNM-Valencia student and you would like to request a Zoom appointment, please email Shalaine Castillo, firstname.lastname@example.org or email the Learning Commons, email@example.com for more information.
To schedule an appointment, please go to https://esurvey.unm.edu/opinio/s?s=146475 and complete the Tutoring Appointment Request form. You can also schedule an appointment with us over the phone at the Learning Center 505.925.8907 or emailing the Learning Commons, firstname.lastname@example.org
Suggested Study and Learning Strategies
- attempt the assignment prior to meeting with your tutor
- study your notes and textbook prior to the tutoring session
- identify specific questions or concepts that you want to address during the session
For Questions, Contact:
- Shalaine Castillo, Education Specialist, Learning Commons, email@example.com
- Patricia Gillikin, Writing Center Director, Writing Center, firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you very much and we look forward to seeing you soon!