UNM-Valencia is committed to culture of student success, which includes continuous and documented engagement in assessment activities. This cyclic process tracks success and opportunities for improvement in our courses and programs.
At UNM-Valencia, our goal is to engage in a cyclic process of continuous improvement through which:
- We identify our desired outcomes;
- We evaluate our performance on those outcomes;
- We identify strengths and weaknesses in our performance;
- We celebrate our successes;
- We examine our weaknesses for opportunities to improve; and
- We implement those improvements.
To accurately optimize our performance, we collect and analyze data annually to inform as well as drive our decisions, improvements, and program reviews. This process aids UNM and UNM-Valencia in ensuring that the mission and purpose of the University are being achieved.
We engage in assessment activities in two main areas:
- Academic Program Review
- General Education Assessment