Parking permits are required to park at UNM-Valencia or the Workforce (Westside) Training Center
To Request a Parking Permit, click Apply for Parking Permit
- Permits may be picked up at the UNM-Valencia Police Department, Monday through Thursday (hours may vary).
- You will need to show:
- PICTURE ID: UNM ID card (obtained at the Library) preferred, or a class schedule that contains your Banner ID number along with another government issued ID card such as a driver's license.
- Proof of Valid Registration
- Proof of Insurance
- Permits are free of charge for each vehicle registered; replacement fee of $5.00 will be charged for lost permits.
- Permits must be visible (driver’s side, lower corner).
- Visitor parking is for visitors only (students, staff, faculty are not visitors.)
- In accordance with NM state law, handicapped plates/placards are required to use designated handicapped spots.
- Enforcement/Citations: UNM-Valencia Campus Police enforce parking regulations. Citations will be issued for various violations, such as failure to display a permit, parking in Visitor Parking with a permit displayed, and occupying handicapped spots without proper placards/identifiers.
Failure to pay a citation may result in a hold being placed on your bursar account or other administrative action.