Student Online Learning Resources
NetIDAll UNM-Valencia students will need a NetID and password to access their online class and UNM-Valencia e-mail. Create your NetID here. Also found at https://netid.unm.edu.
Starting your first online course using Canvas? Get up and running in under 30 minutes with these overview videos. Learn how to use Canvas, set your notification preferences, use the Canvas Student app, navigate the dashboard, and access and submit assignments.
View showcase of videos in Getting Started with Canvas as a Student.
To login to a course that uses Canvas, click on the Canvas button below:Canvas
OR go to: https://canvas.unm.edu/
Communication, Privacy, and Confidentiality
All communications between the student and the instructor should use either LoboMail or the message tools in Canvas.
Class at UNM-Valencia are delivered in a variety of formats for the students' convenience.
- Online: 95% of the class is taught online. Pedagogy is designed for online environment.
- Hybrid: 25% to 94% of the class is taught online with the remainder occurring a clearly stated times in a face-to-face classroom. Online components are pedagogically incorporated.
- Web-Enhanced: Face-to-Face class that uses Canvas to post course materials but the online components are not pedagogically incorporated.
To identify possible online, hybrid, or web-enhanced classes, use the Schedule of Classes by Semester
- Select the semester.
- Select Branch Campus--Valencia Campus.
- Select "Online" or other choice from the Instructional Type in the far right hand column.
Other Useful Information
Useful Campus Links
- Student Services
- The Learning Commons
- Writing Center
- CAPS (Main Campus)
- Online Learning (Main Campus)
Successful Online Student Learning Tips
- Characteristics of a Successful Online Student
- 7 things to know before taking an online class
- Succeeding Online
- Discussion and Blog Netiquette
- Misconceptions and Myths about Online Learning