High School Equivalency Testing
Note: We are currently offering only the GED® exam. We are hoping to offer the HiSET® exam soon.
The GED® high school equivalency exam is offered at the UNM-Valencia Assessment Center. It is offered on most Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m in both English & Spanish formats. The Assessment Center is located in the Student Services building (availability subject to change).
The cost of the four-part GED® exam (Science, Social Studies, Mathematical Reasoning, and Reasoning Through Language Arts) is $80 payable only at the GED® Website.
It is highly encouraged that HSE candidates inquire at the Next Steps: Adult Education Center regarding test preparation. For information regarding Tutoring and HSE Classes, contact Next Steps: Adult Education Center at 505-925-8900.
To sign up for testing, you will need:
- To create an account at GED, pay for and schedule your exam.
- If you are a candidate younger than 18-years-old you will need an Under-Age Permission Form completed and signed by your school district, parent/guardian, and submitted to appropriate State HSE Administrator for approval (directions are on the form).
- A valid and current government issued photo ID.
On the Day of the Exam
- Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your exam time at the Assessment Center with your valid government-issue photo identification.
- Late arrivals are not guaranteed an exam time.
- All items needed during the exam will be provided.
- No food, drink, electronic devices, paper, outerwear, watches, large jewelry, or personal items permitted in the testing center during exams.
- Lockers are available for storage.
After the Exam
- For GED® you must earn the following scores to pass and earn high school equivalency.
- Below passing: 100-145
- 145-164 - Pass/High School Equivalency
- 165-200 - GED® College Ready
- Request GED transcripts and diplomas at Diploma Sender.