Agriculture Articulation Agreement

UNM-Valencia, partnered with New Mexico State University, has created pathways for students interested in studying agriculture. Students can now complete a series of courses for an associate degree in General Science at UNM-Valencia related to their “area of interest” and transfer to NMSU to complete a bachelor’s degree.

 Areas of interest

If you are interested in studying agriculture, UNM-Valencia advisors can help, and they will help you choose the correct classes within the degree plan. Then, when you successfully complete your associate degree, you can transfer to NMSU to complete your bachelor’s degree. For more information, contact the Advisement Office at 925.8560 or

 Degree guidelines

  • The transfer of credits from UNM-Valencia to NMSU must follow the rules of each college’s catalog.   
  • A grade of “C” or above must be earned in UNM-Valencia courses.
  • Transferring students must successfully meet all requirements for admission to NMSU and to the appropriate degree program in NMSU’s College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences.