Reserves provides students with easy access to class materials.
- You provide/identify the materials (textbooks, homework solutions, readings, etc.)
- You choose the access time period (2 hours, overnight, 1 week, etc.)
- Reserve Request Form is available here or Circulation Desk.
- Allow 24 hours for processing.
- For questions, the Library at 925-8990.
For electronic reserves, please email Barbara Lovato or call her at 925-8991.
Dr. Barbara Lovato, the Library Director, will order additional materials to support the classes you teach.
Please call 925-8991 or email her with your suggestions.
The Library does not usually buy textbooks.
CopyrightUse and services involving copyrighted materials in the Library may be permitted when
- the material is in the public domain;
- the copyright owner gives permission for use;
- a contract or licensing agreement allows the use;
- use is covered by special provisions in the law for libraries and archives (17 U.S.C. §108);
- use is determined to be "fair use" as defined by 17 U.S.C.§107;
Other helpful links may be found below.
A LOBOCARD is required for checking out materials or requesting interlibrary loans.
Come to the Library to get it.
Printing and Scanning
- The Library has a KIC scanner station that will send a scan of an item to your e-mail.
- The Library has 2 Ricoh SP5300dn black/white printers.
- The default print is double-sided.
- The Library has a Ricoh MPC4504ex that photocopies and prints in black/white or color.
- Your Lobocard is needed to print.
Faculty members have access to more databases than students.
If you want your students to look at an article or use a particluar database,
please check availablity on one of these pages:
- Valencia Campus Library All databases page
- Valencia Campus Library A to Z list
- Valencia Campus Library Find Articles and Databases
- Valencia Campus Library Databases by Subject
- UNM University Libraries Branch Campus Databases
Some databases require accounts to be established on campus and almost all require authentication off-campus;
check the Database Password List for further information. If your "library" webpage identifies Valencia Campus on the top--it is one of ours. If it doesn't, try to find our equivalent page or contact us.
The "Universities Libraries" link in Blackboard is a Main Campus page; you can substitute a Valencia Campus link if you choose.
The Library will borrow for you or your students materials it does not own.
- You must have current ID.
- Request forms for books or articles can be downloaded here or found at the Circulation Desk.
- You may call or request by e-mail from
- There is no charge to you for most materials.
- The Library does not interlibrary textbooks.
- Please allow 10 days to 2 weeks for delivery.
You may also use Library Express from UNM Main Campus Libraries.
Library Instruction and Tours
The Library provides as requested
- instructions sessions
- class web pages
- library resource assignments, or
- coordination of library instruction in online classes
Instruction sessions are usually held in the Library's Lab LRC 143 and should be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance.
You may call or request by e-mail from
Possible topics would include:
- topic selections,
- research strategies,
- finding books or articles,
- demonstrations and activities using selected Library resources,
- evaluation of sources,
- internet search,
- citation writing,
- plagiarism, or
- an exercise designed for your class.
Usually no more than 2 topics can be covered in one class period.
Some topics have exercises that have be "gamified."
- AACC Position Statement on Information Literacy.
- AASL Standards for the 21st Century Learner.
- ACRL Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education.
- ACRL Information Literacy Competency Standards for Higher Education.
- ISTE Standards for Students.