Learning Commons: Tutoring Services
Tutoring is available online and in-person!
Scheduling Tutoring Appointments
You are able to schedule in person and Zoom appointments for math, science, writing, and other subjects. You are also able to do email appointments for responses to a writing draft.
To schedule an appointment, please go to: Learning Commons Bookings
At that link, choose the specific kind of appointment you want and fill out the information.
If you make a Zoom appointment, you’ll get a Zoom link sent to your email before your appointment.
If you are making an email appointment with the Writing Center, email your draft to email@example.com after you fill out the form above.
If you have difficulty with the scheduling link above, would like an appointment in a subject not listed at that link, or have a question, email firstname.lastname@example.org. You’ll get answers during business hours Monday through Friday.
Fall 2023 Tutoring Hours:
The tutoring hours below are subject to change due to tutor availability.
Learning Center Hours of Operation
The Learning Center and Math Center Computer Lab will be open
Monday through Friday 8am - 5pm.
Math tutoring will be available in-person or Zoom. (specific math courses may vary):
Mondays 9am – 5pm
Tuesdays 10:30am – 5pm
Wednesdays 9am – 7pm
Thursdays 9am – 11am, 12pm – 7 pm
Fridays 12pm – 3pm
Biology 1110 and Chemistry 1215 tutoring will be available in-person or Zoom:
Tuesdays 10:30am – 3:30pm
Thursdays 1:30pm – 3:30 pm
History 1150 tutoring will be available in-person or Zoom:
Mondays 9am – 12pm & 3pm - 5pm
Wednesdays 8:30am – 10am
Thursdays 5pm – 7pm (select Thursdays, check in Learning Commons Bookings)
Fridays 8:30am – 12pm
STEM Center Hours of Operation
The STEM Center is currently closed due to STEM Tutor shortage.
Writing Center Schedule — In Person and Online for Zoom and Email Appointments
Monday: 12 pm - 4 pm
Monday: 2:30-3:30 pm: Hablemos in Espanol y Ingles/Language Conversation Group
Wednesday: 12 pm - 4 pm
Wednesday: 12-1 pm: Creative Writing Group
Thursday: 10:30 m - 4:30 pm
Writing Center Schedule — Online for Zoom and Email Appointments
Thursday: 4-6 pm
Third Wednesday of the month
Wednesday September 20, October 18, and November 15, 1:30 to 2:30: bell books Reading and Discussion Group: faculty, staff, and students welcome!
As a UNM-Valencia student, you already have a UNM Zoom account.
Instructions to sign into Zoom and start your Zoom appointment:
- Go to https://unm.zoom.us
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on “Sign In”
- Log in like you’re signing into your UNM email
- After logging in successfully (you should be seeing your Zoom profile), leave the internet browser open
- Go to your email in another window or tab
- If you Accepted the meeting, go to your calendar and click on your Zoom meeting link
- If you didn’t Accept the meeting, the Zoom meeting link may still be in your inbox. Search for the email with your Zoom meeting link and click on the link
If you are not a UNM-Valencia student and you would like to request a Zoom appointment, please email Shalaine Castillo, email@example.com or email the Learning Commons, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- attempt the assignment prior to meeting with your tutor
- study your notes and textbook prior to the tutoring session
- identify specific questions or concepts that you want to address during the session
For Questions, Contact:
- Shalaine Castillo, Education Specialist, Learning Commons, email@example.com
- Patricia Gillikin, Writing Center Director, Writing Center, firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you very much and we look forward to seeing you soon!