Learning Commons: Tutoring Services
Tutoring is available online and in-person!
Scheduling Tutoring Appointments
You are able to schedule in person and Zoom appointments for math, science, writing, and other subjects. You are also able to do email appointments for responses to a writing draft.
To schedule an appointment, please go to: Learning Commons Bookings
At that link, choose the specific kind of appointment you want and fill out the information.
If you make a Zoom appointment, you’ll get a Zoom link sent to your email before your appointment.
If you are making an email appointment with the Writing Center, email your draft to firstname.lastname@example.org after you fill out the form above.
If you have difficulty with the scheduling link above, would like an appointment in a subject not listed at that link, or have a question, email email@example.com. You’ll get answers during business hours Monday through Friday.
Spring 2023 Tutoring Hours
The tutoring hours below are subject to change due to tutor availability.
Learning Center Hours of Operation
The Learning Center and Math Center Computer Lab will be open
Monday through Thursday 8am - 5pm and Friday 8am - 3pm.
Tutoring hours are currently under construction. We will have our tutoring hours updated soon!
STEM Center Hours of Operation
The STEM Center is currently closed due to STEM Tutor shortage.
Writing Center Schedule—In Person
Monday: 10:30 am - 4 pm at the Valencia Campus
Tuesday: 12 pm - 4 pm at the Valencia Campus
Wednesday: 12 pm - 7 pm at the Valencia Campus
Thursday: 12 pm - 4 pm at the Valencia Campus
Writing Center Schedule—Online for Zoom and Email Appointments
You can make Zoom appointments for the following times, and tutors will also respond to drafts you email at the following times.
Monday: 9:30 am - 4 pm and 6 pm - 8 pm
Tuesday: 9 am - 11 am, 12 pm - 4 pm, and 6 pm - 8 pm
Wednesday: 9 am - 11 am, 12 pm - 4 pm, and 6 pm - 8 pm
Thursday: 12 pm - 4 pm
Friday: 1 pm – 2:30 pm
Saturday: 9 am – 11 am
Writing Center Workshop
Hablemos en Ingles y Español: Language Conversation Group
Monday in person, 2:30 pm – 3:30 pm
Join this relaxed environment for English practice, Spanish practice, and laughter.
As a UNM-Valencia student, you already have a UNM Zoom account.
Instructions to sign into Zoom and start your Zoom appointment:
- Go to https://unm.zoom.us
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on “Sign In”
- Log in like you’re signing into your UNM email
- After logging in successfully (you should be seeing your Zoom profile), leave the internet browser open
- Go to your email in another window or tab
- If you Accepted the meeting, go to your calendar and click on your Zoom meeting link
- If you didn’t Accept the meeting, the Zoom meeting link may still be in your inbox. Search for the email with your Zoom meeting link and click on the link
If you are not a UNM-Valencia student and you would like to request a Zoom appointment, please email Shalaine Castillo, firstname.lastname@example.org or email the Learning Commons, email@example.com for more information.
- attempt the assignment prior to meeting with your tutor
- study your notes and textbook prior to the tutoring session
- identify specific questions or concepts that you want to address during the session
For Questions, Contact:
- Shalaine Castillo, Education Specialist, Learning Commons, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Patricia Gillikin, Writing Center Director, Writing Center, email@example.com
Thank you very much and we look forward to seeing you soon!