Assembly News & Events
Spring 2023 News & Updates:
Next meeting Friday, February 10, 2023.
Welcome to the Spring 2023 semester!
- The Faculty Assembly meeting dates this semester will be listed on the Assembly Meetings page. You can find the minutes on the Assembly Minutes page. Recordings have ceased.
- Want some funds for Professional Development..? ALL faculty are eligible- full and part time. Fill out the Professional Development Form and submit it to Faculty Profesisonal Development Chair Scott Kamen.
- Checkout the offerings this semester for the Faculty Academy!
- Do you need equipment to support teaching? All faculty, full and part time, have access to laptops and other accessories! Please contact the Valencia Library and/or The Teaching & Learning Center to find out what is available and how to access it.
- Do you have a student who needs help to succeed, or you are worried about their lack of attendance and participation? Or you want to give them a "kudos"? Fill out an EARLY ALERT Form
- If you have not taken this already, UNM-ABQ Center for Teaching & Learning (CTL) is offering multiple week-long workshops called "Bridge to Canvas". Here is info from the CTL website:
"This week-long course (Wednesday to Wednesday) will be an orientation to Canvas at UNM. By the end of the course, instructors will be able to locate, create, and manipulate content in UNM Canvas. The course will be facilitated by an instructional designer and there will be an optional synchronous meeting. Synchronous meetings will be held on a Monday (see options below) and will be recorded. Instructors enrolled in the course will be able to post questions ahead of the meeting, as well. You’ll receive a reminder email the day before the course begins. If you have any questions about your registration, please contact Raquel Gallegos (email@example.com). Note: This course offering is dependent on Blackboard migrated course content and Canvas temporary shells being available. If those are not available by your chosen start date, we'll reach out to you to get you rescheduled to a later session."
Register here: https://ctl.unm.edu/instructors/support/workshops/index.html