The GED® exam is offered weekdays (Monday through Friday) from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. through the Assessment Center located in the Student Services building (availability subject to change).
The cost of the four-part exam (Science, Social Studies, Mathematical Reasoning, and Reasoning Through Language Arts) is $80 payable only at the GED® Website.
It is highly encouraged that GED® candidates inquire at the Adult Education Department regarding test preparation.
For information regarding Tutoring and GED® Classes, see Adult Education or contact Adult Education at 925-8900.
To sign up for testing, you will need
- To create an account, schedule and pay for exams at ged.com.
- If you are a candidate younger than 18-years-old you will need an Underage Permission Form completed and signed by your school district, parent/guardian, and submitted to the Assessment Center for approval.
- A valid and current government issued photo ID.
On the Day of the Exam
- Arrive at the Assessment Center with your valid photo identification at your scheduled test time.
- Late arrivals are not guaranteed an exam time.
- All items needed during the exam will be provided.
- No food, drink, electronic devices, paper, outerwear, watches, large jewelry, or personal items permitted in the testing center during exams.
- Lockers are available for storage.
After the Exam
- You must earn the following scores to pass and earn high school equivalency.
- Below Passing: 100-149
- Passing Score: 150-169
- Honors Score: 170-200
- Request GED transcripts and diplomas at Diploma Sender: www.diplomasender.com
Questions? Contact Student Services at 505-925-8560 or go to www.ged.com for more information on the GED® exams.